Life on the Frontier - Communities of the Past and Present - Food and Shelter



Hello Grade 6,

Today we are going to look at food and shelter preparation from the past.  In social studies, we not only look at Canada and its connections to the world, but we also look at the communities of the past and present.

I have included some videos about food preparation and shelter techniques from the 1700 and 1800s on the frontier. I have organized the videos by heading.  I would like you to watch a posted video (or videos) and answer the following questions in the Google form below.  If you are having trouble viewing the form, email me and I will send you a copy via email.

** Read the questions you will be answering before you watch the video and make sure you take notes while you watch.  It will help!

**Remember, do not try anything you see in the videos, unless you ask your parents and are supervised by an adult. If you do decide to try something with your parent or guardian, let me know! :-)

My email address: justin.tessier@ed.amdsb.ca

See you tomorrow,

Mr. T

Videos - Food Preparation

   

Videos - Shelter and Cooking on the Frontier

   

Google Form Worksheet

No comments:

Post a Comment